My Double, My Brother - I Only Dream of Places Now


It's always nice when someone alerts you to a new emerging talent, especially when their sound is as encouraging as LA's My Double, My Brother. The band recently sent over their single and I really didn't know what to expect. In the end I was pleasantly surprised to hear one of the best indie tracks I've heard in a long time.
'I Only Dream of Places Now' is a wonderful mix of beautiful melodies, thought provoking lyrics and excellent production values. Add on top of that the lead singer's soothing yet unusual vocal style and you've got a seriously sweet tune.  There are clear quality influences here from the likes of Arcade Fire, Bombay Bicycle Club, Real Estate and so on. If that sounds like your thing then i've got good news...My Double, My Brother have decided to give this single away for FREE so grab it asap from the player below. If you like what you hear, then head on over to Bandcamp to check out their full length album 'What We Found Beneath The Ground'. Keep your eye out for more from these guys.