Album: Dinosaur Bones - My Divider


Toronto's Dinosaur Bones are a band that have managed to completely evade me up until now. However having been introduced to them by a dear friend recently, I can now say that i'm hooked.
Since 2008 this Canadian band have been playing some of the most interesting indie/alternative music I've ever come across. Their sound is quite hard to place, in terms of their contemporaries I'd say they are a little reminiscent of Tokyo Police Club, The National with a little bit of Radiohead in there for good measure. In truth though there aren't really any comparisons as Dinosaur Bones' unique sound stands out on own.
The album, 'My Divider',  is the band's first full length to date (despite a fair few EPs) first widely commercially available record. Naturally it's also the bands most accomplished release with two particular highlights being "Ice Hotels" and "N.Y.E". Not that this is a two track wonder, the whole album is an absolute triumph...and a long time in the making.
It's impressive stuff, and I'm eagerly awaiting more from Dinosaur Bones. Check out the tracks linked below and see what you think. 'My Divider' is available right now via iTunes

Dinosaur Bones - Ice Hotels
Dinosaur Bones - N.Y.E